Saturday, August 7, 2010

Choosing 2B


Well, I don't consider my life to be all that fascinating. Although, when I have chosen to watch reality TV, I believe my life is more interesting than theirs. However, this is not meant to be a blog about my life. It is meant for all of us, the writer and the readers, to decide what we will choose 2B. So, many times during the day we are faced with that very question, whether we are aware of it or not. Who am I going to be? What am I going to do? What choices will I make?

Overall, I am choosing 2B a Jesus follower. I am by no means perfect and I don't always get it right. However, it is what I am choosing to do, TO FOLLOW! I am not sure where that will take me or what it will require of me to do, but I have chosen.

This last week, I got to chose 2B LIGHT and LOVE, as I worked with a group of Asian refugees here in Nashville. Playing with them, teaching reading skills, working on math problems, creating art, and laughing till it hurt were the choices we made everyday. I thank God that he allows me the opportunity to serve with him in making others lives better. All along, he is transforming me into the follower he wants. As I watched the younger children copy their older siblings, I hope I can live the same way, coping someone else.

What will you choose 2B this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment