Thursday, October 20, 2011

Why am I here?

Why am I here? That is a pretty good question and one I find myself asking quite a bit? The interesting thing is that I already know the answer. While I was in Sierra Leone last fall, I felt God tell me I needed to be in Africa. So, there is the simple yet complicated answer. Why is that not enough? Why do I keep looking for more of a reason? Scott, the founder of Abaana, has asked us on several times what are our goals for the trip. What is it that we want to accomplish, so that we feel it was worth it? Today, though, I seem to finally be OK with my answer. The answer is simply to make a difference in the lives of others. I am already aware that some of my thoughts for why I was going to be here are completely different. Sometimes I have even doubted whether this was a running away or a running to what God was calling me for. As we have shared with many people the story of how we have come together to serve, it is so obviously orchestrated by God.
So, again, why am I here? God asked me to come. What do I want to accomplish? Simply to serve and make a difference. How is God going to accomplish that? I believe that one is way out of my hands. God’s ways are not my ways. But I know it is by being faithful. I am here. I have already had opportunities to make a difference. I could leave tomorrow and the trip would be worth it. However, God has much more in mind for me. I just pray I will have the courage to be faithful, to take advantage of the moments of divine appointment, and to see the beauty in recognizing my need for God because I cannot and do not know what to do. I pray that I will wait on the Lord but keep my feet moving forward in faith. I WILL CHOOSE2B USED no matter what that looks like. For I know God is with me. He asked me to be here. Where has he asked you to be? Are you there? I pray all of us will understand God knows more than we can imagine, he knows why we are here, and his love is big enough to carry us through anything.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness!!

    God has spoken so much to me through your passage, these words are so
    anointed and they would sweep me off my feet to go be a blessing
    to someone out there!

    this has just stared me up!

    ReplyDelete