Sunday, October 10, 2010

This Stinks

No I'm not going to talk about how I smell after sweating all day. No I'm not going to talk about how deodorant is a luxury. No I'm not going to talk about how an orphanage can smell on a hot day. I'm going to talk about this being my last week.

Since, Saturday almost everything is my last. It's my last Saturday. Today was my last Sunday. It was my last church service. It was probably my last football game with the kids playing to watch. It was the last hair day. It was the last time to get the kids together after worship. Well this list could go on but it is depressing.

So today I had the opportunity to speak for worship. Of course the youth minister is using object lessons. This morning was about how God doesn't look at the outside, but at the heart. The object lessons and the skit went over really well. At least, the kids who stayed around to talk could all tell us what the story was and what the point was. It was a pleasure to have my last opportunity to do it. The rest of my day was spent trying to just spend time with the kids. I don't get to hang out as much as I want with some because they are in school all day and then they take a nap. It hurts when I hear from those I am close to "Uncle Andrew, we do not get to see you anymore. Do you really have to go back. Please stay" That stinks!

I don't really know what all my last week holds. There are projects I need to finish, budget discussions that need to take place, videos that still need to be shot, and goodbyes that will have to be said. Each day I get on Facebook people are reminding me it is my last week. That stinks! Each time I go to the center the kids and staff remind me I am leaving. That stinks! But mainly it is leaving a country that still needs us. It still needs you. There are so many others in need of saving and I'm not just in this for the short haul. This place needs us to keep working to find ways to save the orphan. If we give up, as they say here "Is foul!" That Stinks!

1 comment: