Saturday, September 4, 2010

Healed

Well, maybe you should have seen this coming. Some of you know I messed my hands up on Saturday during a bike ride. Basically I have pulled all the skin off of the pad on my left hand. Since, it is an open wound there was question about whether I could leave for Africa today or not. Well as I have spent the last couple of days cleaning and treating my hand, I have prayed 2B healed.
In my prayer and in my preparation for the trip I was reminded of the blind man in Mark 8:22-26. Jesus takes the man away from everyone and heals his eyes. Next, Jesus laid his hands on him again and scripture says he saw everything clearly. Many people has argued why Jesus would need to try twice to heal someone, but others argue that Jesus restored his physical sight and then gave him real eyes to see with, His eyes! My prayer is that God would physically heal me, but I also want him to heal the broken, messed up, distorted, ugly, human weaknesses that I have.
The good news is my hand continues to get better fast (and I have only hit it about 50 times). We will see how god heals my soul! May we all choose 2B healed!

No comments:

Post a Comment